SourceCards Account Holder Terms and Conditions
These Terms & Conditions apply to your SourceCards Account and Visa Debit cards. Please read them carefully. You can download a copy of these Terms & Conditions at any time from our website www.sourcecards.org or from the SourceCards Platform.
These terms are issued to you together with the Additional Terms which cover the operation of the SourceCards Platform, owned by SourceCards Limited.
You must confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions by pressing the “Accept” button for both sets of Terms. Once you have pressed the “Accept” button you will be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions and must comply with them. If you do not accept both sets of Terms you will not be able to open your SourceCards Account.
In these Terms & Conditions:
“Additional Terms” means the terms issued by SourceCards Limited to cover the operation of the SourceCards Platform.
“Applicable Data Protection Laws” means the Data Protection Act 1998, the Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and any applicable superseding or replacement legislation.
“Contis” means Contis Financial Services Ltd, a private limited company registered in England under company registration number 06085862 whose registered office is at Navigation House, Belmont Wharf, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1RL, England. Contis Financial Services Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (registered number 900025) as an e-money issuer.
“SourceCards Account” means the entire account including the SourceCards Flexi Account, The SourceCards Essentials Account and the 5 Essential Wallets, the SourceCards Flexi Visa Debit Card, the SourceCards Essentials Visa Debit Food Card and the SourceCards Platform
“SourceCards Essentials Account” is a payment account designed to help you pay for essential services and items. The SourceCards Essentials Account is made up 5 individuals accounts (each with their own sort code and account number) called “Wallets.”
“SourceCards Essentials Visa Debit Food Card” means the Visa Debit card issued to you which can only be used to purchase items from foods stores and supermarkets (not other food outlets such as cafes and restaurants).
“SourceCards Essential Wallets (“Wallets”)” is a term used to describe the individual sub accounts under the SourceCards Essentials Account.
“SourceCards Flexi Account” is a payment account which allows you to make payments online and instore as well as allocate funds across your SourceCards Essential Wallets.
“SourceCards Flexi Visa Debit Card” means the Flexi Visa Debit Card linked to your SourceCards Flexi Account.
“SourceCards Virtual Visa Debit Card” means the Virtual Visa Debit Card linked to the Essentials Travel Wallet.
“SourceCards Platform” means the SourceCards web based interface through which you manage your SourceCards account.
“Sponsor” means a third party such as a local council, housing association, charity or other organisation which can help you apply for a SourceCards Account, assist you with your budgeting (at your request) and facilitate the payment of any grants that may be available.
“You” means the named SourceCards Account Holder who is the authorised user of the SourceCards Account and any Additional Cardholders.
“We”, “Us”, “Our” or “The Company” means Contis Financial Services Limited or SourceCards Limited acting on our behalf. SourceCards Limited are a Private Limited Company, registered in England and Wales under company number 08328077 and have our registered office at Woodward Hale, 38 Dollar Street, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 2AN.
“Website” means the SourceCards website at www.sourcecards.org.
If you have any questions you can contact SourceCards Helpdesk by:
- Telephone: 0330 223 3667 (standard network rates apply);
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: SourceCards Ltd, 193 Praed Street, London, W2 1RH
1. What is a SourceCards Account?
Your SourceCards Account comes with two separate accounts, your SourceCards Flexi Account and your SourceCards Essentials Account.
You can use your online SourceCards Flexi Account to make transfers to other bank accounts, make one-off payments and set up standing orders. Your SourceCards Flexi Account can also be used to allocate funds across your SourceCards Essential Wallets.
The SourceCards Flexi Account is linked to a Visa Debit card which allows you to make payments online and instore where Visa Debit is accepted.
The Flexi Visa Debit Card is both Contactless and CHIP & PIN and can be used at ATMs where Visa is accepted.
The SourceCards Flexi Account has unrestricted use, subject to having funds in the account.
The SourceCards Essentials Account is made up of 5 sub accounts, known as “Wallets” each with their own separate account number and sort code. The Wallets are restricted to purchasing:
- Essential Goods
These Wallets are ring-fenced and once money has been transferred into them it is locked in and can only be used to pay designated suppliers or payees set up on the SourceCards Platform or organisations with the correct Merchant Category Code (MCC). The only way to transfer funds out of these wallets (other than paying the listed designated suppliers), when required to do so in exceptional circumstances, is to contact your Sponsor organisation or SourceCards when a Sponsor is not available.
You may request SourceCards to add a designated supplier or payee to a specific Wallet. SourceCards will endeavour to do so promptly but is not obliged to do so. You can do this by emailing SourceCards direct or by contacting your Sponsor. Money can be transferred into these Wallets from your SourceCards Flexi Account or paid into directly from an external account using the sort code and appropriate account number for that particular Wallet.
In the case where grants are available, Sponsors or other third parties may make deposits to specific Wallets depending on how they intend the grants to be used.
In addition, the Essentials Food Wallet is linked to the SourceCards Essentials Visa Debit Food card which can only be used to buy food in supermarkets or grocery stores which accept payment by Visa.
The Essentials Travel Wallet comes with a Virtual Visa Debit Card which can be accessed online and be used to purchase tickets specifically for travel or to top up travel cards (e.g. Transport for London Oyster Cards or bus company travel cards).
You can only spend money that you have paid into your SourceCards Account, so before making transfers or using your card you need to make sure there are enough funds in the SourceCards Flexi or the SourceCards Essentials Account.
Monies in the SourceCards Flexi Account and the SourceCards Essentials Account are not bank deposits and do not earn interest.
Your SourceCards Flexi Visa Debit card and your Essentials Visa Debit Food card are not credit cards.
2. Who can apply for a SourceCards Account?
You must be at least 18 years old and a UK resident to be issued with a SourceCards Account and Visa Debit Card(s).
A SourceCards Account can be obtained through a Sponsor organisation and they will help you with your application process.
3. How can I apply for a SourceCards Account?
You can apply for a SourceCards Account through a Sponsor organisation.
Before we can open an account for you and issue you any Visa Debit cards we will require evidence of your identity and residential address and we may also need to carry out checks on you electronically.
4. How do I get started?
Upon registering for a SourceCards Account you will be sent a welcome email with a link attached. Click on the link to finish your online registration. At the end of your registration your Rent, Travel, Essential Goods and Utilities “Wallets” will be active and ready for immediate use. You can only activate your Flexi Account and Food Wallet upon receipt of your SourceCards Flexi Visa Debit card and your SourceCards Essentials Visa Debit Food card.
As soon as you receive your cards you must sign the signature strip on the back.
You will then need to activate your cards. You can do this by calling the SourceCards Helpdesk on 0330 223 3667.
You also need to obtain your PIN(s) to authorise chip-and-pin transactions and ATM withdrawals. You can get your PIN(s) by calling the SourceCards Helpdesk when you activate your card. Never give your PIN out to anyone else.
By activating your card(s), you are agreeing to these Terms & Conditions. Your card must be activated within 3 months of it being issued or it may be automatically cancelled and your account may be closed.
If you have ordered a card for someone else (not yet currently available), it is your responsibility to give them the information required to activate the card(s) and retrieve the PIN(s). If they start using the card(s) we will take this as confirmation that you have communicated these Terms & Conditions to them and that they have accepted them.
5. What if I want to change my PIN(s)?
If you want to change your PIN(s), you can do so at any ATM with the Visa logo in the UK. You can get a reminder of your PIN by calling The SourceCards Helpdesk, 0330 223 3667
6. How do I add funds to my SourceCards Account?
You may pay in to your SourceCards Account by transfer from a bank account (details of your sort code and account number for your Flexi Account and Essential Wallets can be found on the SourceCards Platform), by cash at selected retail outlets (fees may apply, please refer to the Fees and Limits table section 32) and any other method notified on our website from time to time. You cannot pay into your SourceCards Account by a balance transfer from a credit card. You may only pay in funds up to your maximum account balance.
A fee may apply for each payment into your account through a PayPoint retailer, please refer to the Fees and Limits table (section 32). Certain minimum and maximum limits and usage requirements apply to your SourceCards Account and card(s); such limits and requirements are detailed in the Fees and Limits table. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular payment if we suspect any fraudulent activity or in the event of other exceptional circumstances.
As soon as we receive the funds that you have paid in, they will be on your SourceCards Account and ready to use. There may be occasions when we delay the funds reaching your account for up to three working days, this may happen when we need to confirm the transaction with the sending bank.
Where an overpayment has been made to your account in error, we reserve the right to debit the account with the excess amount to correct the payment transaction. You may transfer funds to your Wallets within your Essentials Account, details are available on the SourceCards Platform. You are responsible for ensuring there are enough funds in your available balance for us to authorise your transactions or enough funds in your Wallets to pay any future standing orders you have set up.
Funds can also be loaded onto your Flexi Account and/or your Essentials Wallets by third parties (for example: your employer, government organisations, or your sponsor(s).
7. How do transactions work on the SourceCards Platform through the SourceCards Visa Debit cards?
On the SourceCards Platform you will be able to:
- Make a one-off single transaction from either your Flexi Account and/or the 5 Essential Wallets;
- Set up Standing Order or pre-authorised future transactions from either your Flexi Account and/or the 5 Essential Wallets.
These transactions will fail if you do not have sufficient funds in your Flexi Account or the 5 Essentials Wallets at the time when the transaction is made.
A SourceCards Visa Debit card transaction will be regarded as authorised by you where you authorise the transaction at the point of sale by following the instructions provided by the merchant or retailer to authorise the transaction. Examples of ways in which you might authorise transactions are set out below.
The first step will be to follow the instructions of the merchant or ATM to authorise a transaction. A transaction is authorised when you:
- enter your PIN or provide any other security code;
- sign a sales voucher;
- provide your card details and/or any other details as requested; or
- wave or swipe the card over a card reader.
We cannot always guarantee a retailer or ATM will accept your card(s) Where a transaction is declined at an ATM you may be charged a fee. please refer to the Fees and Limits table (section 32).
It is important to note that you cannot withdraw money from an ATM using your SourceCards Essentials Visa Debit Food Card.
An account transaction is authorised by you when you access your online account using your personal security details and submit a transaction request.
As soon as a transaction is authorised we will deduct the value of your transaction from the balance on your account and/or wallet. At the same time, we will deduct any fees that apply to the transaction. See the Fees and Limits table (section 32) for more information.
Once we have received authorisation for a transaction we will transfer funds to the retailer within 3 days. A transaction will be received as follows:
- for purchases and ATM transactions, at the time we receive the transaction instruction from the retailer or ATM operator; (if you request to withdraw more cash than is in your account, including the amount of the fees charged by Visa, as shown in the section of Fees, then you will be charged for a failed transaction and the cost will be deducted from your SourceCards Flexi Account).
- for other transactions that are communicated directly to us, at the time you ask us to complete the transaction or if after 2.30pm for same day bank transfers and 5pm for other bank transfers the instruction will be deemed to have been received by us on the following business day. (not currently available).
for transactions made through the platform after 5pm on a working day or at weekends and bank holidays will be deemed to have been received by us on the following business day.
8. Can I cancel a transaction I have made?
Generally, authorisation for a transaction may not be withdrawn by you. However, you may be able to withdraw your authorisation where you have authorised a transaction which will take place on a future date. In this situation, to withdraw your authorisation, you must notify the retailer or designated payee before the close of business on the business day before the day on which the transaction was due to take place and provide us with a copy of the notice. We may charge you an Administration Fee if a transaction is revoked by you under this paragraph (see the Fees and Limits table (section 32).
9. Can I pay for things in a foreign currency?
Your SourceCards Visa Debit card(s) are denominated in British Pounds Sterling. If you make a purchase or an ATM withdrawal in any other currency we will convert the sum into pounds sterling using the exchange rate set by Visa on the day they process the transaction, this may differ from the actual date of the transaction. An international transaction fee will apply to each of these transactions (see the Fees and Limits table (section 32).
Any changes to the exchange rate used to convert foreign transactions will be made immediately. You can find the exchange rate for a transaction made in a currency other than pounds sterling on a given date at: http://www.Visaeurope.com/en/Cardholders/exchange_rates.aspx.
10. Is there anything I can’t buy with my SourceCards Visa Debit card(s)?
The SourceCards Flexi Visa Debit card can be used at all locations that accept Visa, including shops, restaurants, online, or on the telephone. Payments can be made through Chip & Pin or Contactless.
You can also use your SourceCards Flexi Visa Debit card to make cash withdrawals at ATMs, both in and outside the UK. You may be charged a fee as detailed in the Fees and Limits table (section 32).
Your SourceCards Essentials Visa Debit Food card, however, is restricted in what it can buy.
Your SourceCards Essentials Visa Debit card can only be used in supermarkets or grocery stores with the permitted Merchant Category Code (MCC). Visa, and online Debit card networks use a 4-digit numeric merchant category code (MCC) to identify the type of business conducted by a merchant.
Your SourceCards Essentials Visa Debit card does not allow ATM Cash withdrawals and works only using Chip & Pin. You can however change your PIN at an ATM.
You may not use either card for illegal purposes. They also cannot be used for a limited number of specified transactions (including fuel dispensers). Please see our website for details.
11. How can I check my SourceCards account?
You can check your SourceCards Account (Flexi and Essentials Account) by accessing it securely through the Platform. A statement on your Flexi Account and Essential Wallets will show:
- information on the payee of each transaction;
- the amount of the transaction shown in the currency in which the transaction was paid or debited to the account;
- the amount of charges for the transaction; and
- the date the transaction is authorised or posted onto the account.
12. How long will the SourceCards Account and Visa Debit card(s) last?
Your card(s) will be valid for 3 years. You will not be able to use your card(s)after its expiry date. Unless you advise us not to do so we will issue you with replacement card(s). This agreement shall terminate when your card is cancelled or expires and is not replaced
Your SourceCards Account will be reviewed every 5 years.
13. Does the SourceCards Account and its Visa Debit Card(s) have spending limits?
You can only spend the money that is paid into your account and/or wallet. Limits also apply to daily ATM withdrawals, and other limits may be applied to the amount of spend and the number of transactions you can perform. See the Fees and Limits table (section 32) and our website for further details.
If, for any reason, the transaction is completed when there are insufficient funds in your account or wallet then you will have to reimburse the shortfall to us, unless it is due to an error by the retailer with whom you made the transaction.
You agree that once we make this Shortfall known to you, we may charge you for the Shortfall amount. We may take the amount of the Shortfall from any either the SourceCards Flexi Account or the any of the SourceCards Essential Wallets that you hold with us, or any other payment method which you may designate at that time. Or we may take it from any funds which you may subsequently load onto your SourceCards Account.
We may collect this shortfall from either the SourceCards Flexi Account or the any of the SourceCards Essential Wallets that you hold with us or from any funds which you subsequently pay into your SourceCards Account. We may suspend your SourceCards Account and any SourceCards Visa Debit cards connected to your SourceCards Account until the negative balance is restored and charge you an Administration Fee (see the Fees and Limits table (section 32) for transactions that you make using your SourceCards Account that results in a negative balance or increases the negative balance on your account.
14. What if I have been overcharged or charged for transactions I didn’t make?
If you dispute a transaction that has been processed on your SourceCards Account or SourceCards Visa Debit Cards, you should contact the merchant or supplier first as this may lead to the quickest resolution. If the dispute cannot be resolved with the merchant or supplier you should contact us as soon as possible and at least within 13 months of the date of the transaction. We will refund the amount of any transactions that our investigations show were not authorised by you, provided you have acted with reasonable care, kept your SourceCards Account and card(s) secure, not disclosed your PIN(s) or security details to anyone else and not acted fraudulently. We may charge you an Administration Fee for charging the transaction back to the retailer through the Visa system.
You may be entitled to claim a refund in relation to transactions where:
- the transaction was not authorised under this agreement;
- we are responsible for a transaction which was incorrectly executed by us; or
- a pre-authorised transaction did not specify the exact amount at the time of its authorisation and the amount charged by a supplier is more than you could reasonably have expected, taking into account normal spending patterns on the card(s) or the circumstances of the transaction. A claim for a refund in these circumstances will not be accepted if the amount of the transaction was made available to you at least 4 weeks before the transaction date or if the claim is made more than 8 weeks after being charged to your SourceCards Account.
15. What about security?
You should treat your SourceCards Visa Debit cards like cash. If either of your SourceCards Visa Debit cards is lost or stolen, you may lose some or all of your money in either your SourceCards Flexi Account or your SourceCards Essentials Food Wallet, in the same way as if you lost cash in your wallet or purse. Therefore, you must keep SourceCards Visa Debit cards safe and not let anyone else them. You must keep your PIN(s) secret at all times; never disclose your PIN or security information to anyone. Security information includes your login and password details used to access your SourceCards Account or any other website where your card(s) details are stored. We also recommend that you check the balances on your SourceCards Account regularly through logging onto the SourceCards Platform at the website or by contacting the SourceCards Helpdesk.
16. What if my SourceCards card(s) is lost or stolen?
If you lose your card(s) or it is stolen, or you suspect that someone else has found out your PIN(s) or password, you must tell us immediately by calling us on the SourceCards Helpdesk or logging onto your SourceCards account through the Web App (when available). Your card(s) will be cancelled immediately. The SourceCards Helpdesk number 0330 100 3686 will refer you to the department for lost or stolen cards, calls are charged at the standard network rate. If, after reporting a lost card, you subsequently find the card(s) you must not use it. Cut it in half through the signature box, magnetic strip and chip.
If you ask us to do so, and provided that you provide information and assistance that we request from you, we will investigate any disputed transaction or misuse of your SourceCards Account or card(s). If the investigations show that any disputed transaction was authorised by you, or you have acted fraudulently or with gross negligence (for example by failing to keep your SourceCards Account or card(s), security details or PIN secure or by failing to notify us without delay on becoming aware of the loss, theft, misappropriation or unauthorised use of the SourceCards Account or card(s), then we will not refund the transaction amount and will charge you a fee of up to £50 for any loss we suffer because of the use of the SourceCards Account or card(s). If the investigations show that you have not acted fraudulently or with gross negligence, your maximum loss or liability to us for any unauthorised transaction will be limited to £50 and we will refund the amount of any transactions entered into after we receive your notification.
17. Will you ever block a transaction without me asking?
We may refuse to pay a transaction:
- If we are concerned about security of your SourceCards Account or SourceCards Visa Debit cards or we suspect your card(s) or account is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
- if sufficient funds are not paid into your SourceCards Account (or Essential Wallets) at the time of a transaction to cover the amount of the transaction and any applicable fees;
- if there is negative balance on your account and/or wallet;
- if there is an outstanding Shortfall (as defined in Section 14) on any of your accounts and/or wallets in accordance with Section 14;
- if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are not using the card(s) or account in accordance with these Terms & Conditions;
- if we believe that a transaction is potentially suspicious or illegal (for example, if we believe that a transaction is being made fraudulently); or
- because of errors, failures (whether mechanical or otherwise) or refusal to process a transaction by merchants, payment processors or payment schemes such as Visa or BACS.
- If you attempt to use your SourceCards Essentials Visa Debit card in an outlet which is not either a supermarket or a food retailer.
- If you attempt to use your Essentials Virtual Visa Debit Travel card to purchase any service or item not related to travel it will be declined.
- A payment out of an Essentials Wallet for an item or service which is not for the purposes of that specific Wallet, or where a designated supplier or payee has not been set up, will not be possible.
If we refuse a transaction, we will tell you why immediately (if we can), unless it would be unlawful for us to do so. You may correct any information we hold and which may have caused us to refuse a transaction by contacting the SourceCards Helpdesk.
18. Can I cancel my SourceCards Account and Visa Debit card(s)?
You have a legal right to cancel your SourceCards Account or card(s) up to 14 days from the date you purchase it without incurring any penalty or charge. We may charge you (or your Sponsor organisation, if applicable) a Card Cancellation Fee if we have already incurred costs by ordering cards in your name. You can also cancel your SourceCards Account or card(s) any time after the 14-day period subject to a Redemption Fee (the Fees and Limits table (section 32) by contacting the SourceCards Helpdesk. You should also cut your cancelled card(s) in half through the signature box, magnetic strip and chip.
You will not be entitled to a refund of money you have already spent on transactions authorised, or pending or any fees for use of the card(s) or account before the account or card(s) is cancelled or expires.
19. Could my SourceCards Account and Visa Debit Card(s) be cancelled?
We may cancel your SourceCards Account, Visa Debit Cards and this agreement by giving you at least 60 days’ notice. Reasons for cancellation may include:
- if this agreement expires
- If one of your Visa Debit cards expire this will affect the account or wallet associated to it (Flexi Account or Essentials Food Wallet). SourceCards Ltd will decide if the entire SourceCards Account should be closed at this point depending on how active you (the Account Holder) are on the SourceCards Account.
- if you break an important part of this agreement, or repeatedly break the agreement and fail to resolve the matter in a timely manner;
- if you act in a manner that is threatening or abusive to our staff, or any of our representatives; or
- if you fail to pay fees or charges that you have incurred or fail to pay back any negative balance on your SourceCards Account.
- We may cancel your SourceCards Account if you do not activate your cards or use your SourceCards Account for a period longer than 6 months.
We may also cancel your SourceCards Account and Visa Debit card(s) immediately if we:
- suspect fraud or misuse of your SourceCards Account and card(s);
- have any other security concerns; or
- need to do so to comply with the law.
If we cancel your card and/or account immediately, we will tell you as soon as we can if we are permitted to do so.
In these circumstances, you must tell us what you want us to do with any unused funds. You must do this within 3 months of the date we tell you that your card is cancelled.
20. Can I get money back once I have put it on?
You can clear the balances on your SourceCards Flexi Account through spending, ATM withdrawals (using the SourceCard Flexi Visa Debit card), or transfers to other bank accounts. See the Fees & Limits table (section 32) for the fees that would apply.
You can clear balances on your SourceCards Essentials Account and its Wallets by spending only through designated suppliers listed on the platform or, in case of the Travel & Food Wallet, shops, companies, organisations with the correct Merchant Category Code (MMC). ATM Withdrawals cannot be made using the SourceCards Essentials Visa Debit Food card.
Alternatively, you may request a refund of the funds on your SourceCards Flexi Account and/or Essential Wallets by contacting the SourceCards Helpdesk confirming (in the case of the Flexi Account or Essentials Food Wallet) that your Visa Debit card(s) has been destroyed by cutting it up. We will transfer your funds back to you at no cost to you, unless:
- you are requesting redemption before termination or expiry of this agreement;
- you cancel this agreement before any agreed termination or expiry date; or
- you request redemption more than one year after the date of termination or expiry of this agreement.
If one of these situations does apply, then we will charge a Redemption Fee (see the Fees and Limits table (section 32).
We will not redeem the value of the funds on your SourceCards Account to you if your request for redemption of the funds is more than six years after the date of termination or expiry of this agreement.
All funds will be returned to a bank account (or payment provider) of your choice. We reserve the right to see proof of your ownership of the bank account before transferring funds to it. To enable us to comply with our legal obligations, we may ask you to provide us with certain information such as identification documents before we can process your refund request.
Please also refer to section 28 below for the circumstances in which we do not give you a refund.
21. Is money on my SourceCards Account protected like a bank account?
The SourceCards Account is an electronic money product and although it is a product regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. No other compensation scheme exists to cover losses claimed in connection with your SourceCards Account. We will however ensure that any funds received by you are held in a segregated account so that should we become insolvent your funds will be protected against claims made by our creditors.
22. What if I have a complaint?
If you are unhappy in any way with your SourceCards Account or the way it is managed, you can contact the SourceCards Helpdesk so we can investigate the circumstances for you. Any complaints you have will be dealt with quickly and fairly.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR. Telephone: 0800 023 4 567 from landlines, 0300 123 9 123 from mobile phones or +44 20 7964 0500 for calls from outside the UK and e-mail: email@example.com.
23. What if I change my details?
You must let us know as soon as possible if you change name, address, telephone number, mobile number or e-mail address. If we contact you in relation to your SourceCards Account we will use the most recent contact details you have provided to us. Any message sent to you will be treated as being received as soon as it is sent by us. We will not be liable to you if your contact details have changed and you have not told us.
24. What will happen to my personal information?
We will process and retain personal data in order to open, administer and run your SourceCards Account. We will transfer your personal data within our groups of companies and to other third parties in order to issue a card(s) and run your SourceCards Account.
We will transfer your personal data, including details of your transactions, within our group of companies and to the Distributor, in order to carry out, monitor and analyse our relevant business. If we transfer your information to third parties outside the European Union, we will take steps to ensure that the third party agrees to apply the same levels of data protection that apply in the UK.
The organisation sponsoring you will also be given access to your personal data. By accepting the Sponsor Terms and Conditions you are agreeing to Remote support from your Sponsor. This allows a Sponsor organisation and their support staff (within the Sponsor organisation) to have a view only of the balances within your SourceCards Flexi Account and your SourceCards Essential Wallets and any standing orders which have been set up. They will not be able to view individual transactions or make payments from your SourceCards Account on your behalf. See additional terms for more information on remote support.
If you have agreed, we or other third parties may also contact you to let you know about services that are of interest to you. You can contact us if you don’t want to receive any marketing materials from us or other third parties.
We may check personal information with fraud protection agencies and other organisations and we may get information about you from recognised agencies to verify your identity. A record of such enquiries may be left on your file.
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
- Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- We and other organisations may access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities.
- Recovering debt.
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance.
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
Please contact us if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
We may monitor and/or record telephone calls we have with you to help us maintain and improve the quality of the service we provide to you.
25. Will these Terms & Conditions ever change?
We may change these Terms & Conditions by notifying you by e-mail or other agreed means at least 60 days before the change is due to happen. We will assume that you agree with the change. If you do not agree with the change you must tell us before the change happens and we will cancel your SourceCards Account immediately. If you cancel your SourceCards Account in this way, then we will return any balance on the account and/or wallets to you and you will not be charged a Redemption Fee.
An up-to-date version of the SourceCards Account Terms & Conditions, as well as any notices of future changes will always be available on our website. You should check our website regularly for such notices and changes.
26. When may use of the SourceCards Account and card(s) be interrupted?
From time to time, your ability to use your card(s) or SourceCards Account may be interrupted, e.g. when we carry out systems maintenance. If this happens, you may be unable (a) to use your card to pay for purchases or obtain cash from ATMs and/or (b) to obtain information about the funds available in your SourceCards Account and/or about your recent transactions.
In addition, we cannot guarantee a merchant will accept your card(s), or that we will necessarily authorise any particular transaction instore or online through the SourceCards Platform. This may be because of a systems problem, something outside our reasonable control, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or because we have suspended, restricted or cancelled your card(s) or refused to replace it in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
SourceCards Ltd will not be liable if a retailer refuses to accept your SourceCards Visa Debit cards or if we do not authorise a transaction.
27. What is our responsibility?
If we incorrectly deduct funds from your SourceCards Account, we will refund them. If unauthorised transactions occur after you have notified us of the loss, theft or unauthorised use of your card(s) or SourceCards Account, and you have not acted fraudulently or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, then we will be liable.
We will not be liable:
- in any event that a merchant refuses to accept your card(s);
- for refusing to authorise a transaction;
- for cancelling or suspending use of your card(s) or SourceCards Account;
- for any loss arising from your inability to use your card(s) or access your SourceCards Account due to interruptions;
- for any direct or indirect loss or damage you may suffer including loss of revenue, goodwill, opportunity or anticipated savings as a result of your total or partial use or inability to use your card(s), website or SourceCards Account or the use of your card(s) or SourceCards Account by any third party (unless otherwise required by law);
- for the quality, safety, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased with your card(s) or SourceCards Account.
we are not responsible for lost, late or undelivered notifications or communications. We accept no responsibility for any technical, computer, online, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, internet, website or other access issues.
28. When can I be charged (other than the fees in section 32)?
We may charge you for any reasonable costs that we incur in taking action to stop you using your card(s) or SourceCards Account and to recover any monies owed as a result of your activities if you:
- use your card(s) or SourceCards Account fraudulently;
- do not use your card(s) or SourceCards Account in accordance with these Terms & Conditions; or
- have been grossly negligent, for example by failing to keep your card or PIN(s) secure or by failing to notify us without delay after your card(s) is lost, stolen, or used by someone else.
In these circumstances we will not refund transactions and we reserve the right to charge you for any reasonable costs that we incur in taking action to stop you using your SourceCards Account and to recover any monies owed as a result of your activities.
If you have not been fraudulent, or grossly negligent, and have used your card(s) and SourceCards Account in accordance with these Terms & Conditions, your maximum liability for any unauthorised transactions before you notify us will be £50.
We may also charge you an Administration Fee if we have to manually intervene to complete a payment or rectify an error on the SourceCards Account caused by an error or omission on your part.
29. Who is the data controller?
Contis Financial Services Limited and SourceCards Limited are the data controllers of your personal data and will always process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Contis Financial Services Limited is the data controller for your underlying accounts whilst SourceCards Limited is the data controller for any unregulated services we provide.
30. Can I assign my rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions?
You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you may have under these Terms & Conditions to any other person without our prior written consent. We may assign the benefit and burden of these Terms & Conditions to any other person at any time on giving you two months’ prior notice of this. If we do this, your rights will not be affected.
31. Governing law
This Agreement is concluded in English. All communications with you will be in English. These Terms & Conditions will be construed in accordance with English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
32. SourceCards Account Fees and limits
The lists below show the SourceCards Account fees and limits. We will give you 60 days notice if they are subject to change.
- Account Set Up Fee: £5 (Both Visa Cards will be sent in the post).
- Replacement Card(s): £5 (Lost/stolen/damaged replacement card, Free replacement for expired cards).
- Monthly Management Fee: £5 per month (First charge is within 15 days of opening the SourceCards Account).
- Delivery times: Within 10 working days.
- UK purchases: FREE.
- European & International purchases: Europe £0.50 plus 1 % of transaction value / International £1.50 plus 1.5 % of transaction value (Any transaction in a foreign currency will be converted into pounds at the rate of exchange provided by Visa Europe on the date they process the transaction which may differ from the actual transaction date. See more information on Visa website).
- ATM Withdrawal UK*: £0.50 (per withdrawal: SourceCards may offer free ATM withdrawals at its discretion as notified).
- ATM Withdrawal Europe* & ATM Withdrawal International*: £1.00 plus 1% (Europe) / £1.50 plus 1.5 % (International) of the transaction value (Any transaction in a foreign currency will be converted into pounds at the rate of exchange provided by Visa Europe on the date they process the transaction which may differ from the actual transaction date. See more information on Visa’s website).
- Pin Change through Visa ATM: FREE.
- Cashback Instore: FREE (You can request up to £50 cashback at participating UK retailers when making a purchase with your Flexi Card, not your food card).
- Bank transfer: FREE (Add funds to your account by bank transfer from a UK bank account).
- Paypoint: £0.50 plus 2.5% (Maximum load amount of £249).
- Future dated transfer from account: £0 (Transfer money to a UK bank account in three working days / Standard 3 day BACs / Standing Order).
- Next day transfer from account: Not currently available (Transfer money to a UK bank account on the next working day).
- Same day transfer from account (CHAPS): Not currently available (Transfer money to a UK bank account on the same day, some restrictions may apply).
- International transfer regular: Not currently available (Transfer money to a foreign bank account within 5-7 working days).
- International transfer urgent: Not currently available (Transfer money to a foreign bank account within 3-5 working days).
- ATM balance enquiry: Free
- Declined/Failed ATM Transaction: Free
- Email Alerts: Free (Optional service for confirmation of statement generation, bank transfers from account and marketing messages).
- Call costs to Customer Services: Your standard Network rate (Calls to [0330 223 3667] are charged at your standard network rates and will be included in mobile phone inclusive minute packages).
- Statements online (per 62 days): Free (Via SourceCards Platform)
- Inactivity/dormancy fee: £0
- Standing order setup fee: £0
- Administration Fees: £10 – disputed transaction through Visa chargeback process / £20 where Contis have to manually intervene (Administration fee for instigating a chargeback on request of the Account Holder, transaction revocation, manually rectifying Cardholder errors or investigating shortfalls).
- Data subject access fee: £10 (Fee to provide information on your personal data held by us).
- Card cancellation & Redemption fee: £3 (When you cancel the agreement within the first 14 days and a card has already been ordered in your name and you need manual intervention to redeem funds).
- Minimum single deposit: £0 (There is no minimum initial load)
- Maximum daily ATM withdrawal: £250 per day
- Maximum balance: £20,000 for Flexi Account and Essential Wallets (The total balance may be spread over the Account and Wallets: Flexi Account: £10,000 / Rent Wallet: £3,000 / Utilities Wallet: £2,000 / Travel Wallet: £1,000 / Goods Wallet: £2,000 / Food Wallet: £2,000)
- Maximum Spend Limit: £1,000 (except Rent and Food. Rent Wallet £3,000 max spend per day & Food Wallet £500 max spend per day).
- PayPoint pay in: £249 (Or maximum limit set by PayPoint).
- Card Expiry: 36 months (3 years. The cards are valid for 36 months, and renewable).
- Account expiry: 5 years (Subject to renewal).
*Notes to fees and limits: some ATM providers may charge an additional fee and should advise you before you confirm the transaction.
SourceCards Additional Account Holder Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions for the SourceCards Platform (the “Additional Terms”), are between you (“the Account Holder”) and SourceCards Limited.
These additional terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the Standard Account Holder set of Terms & Conditions.
In order to open a SourceCards Account, you must confirm your agreement to both the Standard Account Holder set of Terms & Conditions and these Additional Terms & Conditions by clicking the “accept” button. Once you have pressed the “accept” button you will be legally bound by these Additional Terms & Conditions and must comply with them.
Please read these Additional Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you start to use the SourceCards Platform.
Defined terms used in these Additional Terms are as defined in the Standard Account Holder Terms & Conditions.
1. What is the SourceCards Platform?
The SourceCards Platform which is owned by SourceCards Limited. The Platform works in conjunction with Contis Financial Services Ltd to handle your payments and provide you with the additional services provided by SourceCards Limited.
2. What does the SourceCards Platform do?
The SourceCards Platform provides a number of functions, including:
- Provides a budgeting tool
- Allows you to make online payments and set up standing orders
- Essential Wallet Restrictions.
- Remote monitoring (optional)
- Grant application tool
- Provide access to designated Suppliers for purchasing essential items and services (Suppliers will be added to the platform on an ongoing basis).
(Please refer to the Standard Account Holder’s Terms and Conditions which provides a full description of the SourceCards Account and it’s services.)
You will be notified by email and on the Platform when these become available.
3. How does the Budgeting and the Restrictions on the Essential Wallets Work?
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you agree, as set out in the Standard Terms and Conditions, the Essentials Wallets (Food, Travel, Rent, Utilities and Essential Goods) are ring-fenced and once money has been transferred into them it is locked in and can only be used to pay designated suppliers or payees listed on the SourceCards Platform (or those with a specific merchant category code in the case of the Travel and Food Wallets).
You may request SourceCards to add a designated supplier or payee to a specific Wallet. SourceCards will endeavour to do so promptly but is not obliged to do so. You can do this by emailing SourceCards direct or by contacting your Sponsor. Money can be transferred into these wallets from your SourceCards Flexi Account or paid in to directly from an external account using the sort code and appropriate account number for that particular Wallet.
If you do not want to restrict how your money is spent, you should not transfer money into these Essential Wallets either from the Flexi Account or an external payment account.
The only way to transfer funds out of these wallets when required to do so in exceptional circumstances is to contact your Sponsor organisation or SourceCards (when a Sponsor is not available).
SourceCards will not be responsible for any loss or inconvenience if your Sponsor, who has been appointed by you, fails to unlock any of your SourceCards Essential Wallets, when requested.
There are restrictions on the Essentials Visa Debit Food card which are set out in section 10 of the standard Terms and Conditions.
4. What type of suppliers are Added to the SourceCards Platform?
We will use reasonable endeavours to set up sufficient suppliers to provide the goods and/or services for each Essential Wallet, (food, travel, rent, utilities and essential goods) but we will not be liable for any failure to set up an account with any particular supplier.
SourceCards will also try to ensure that the Suppliers set up on the SourceCards Platform provide goods and services at competitive or discounted prices but we will not be liable for the quality, safety, price, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased with your card(s) or SourceCards Account.
5. What kind of Remote Assistance does the Platform offer?
With the Account Holder’s agreement, the SourceCards Platform provides the capability for a Sponsor organisation to assist you in the use of your SourceCards Account. This assistance can include remote support, budgeting advice and applications for grants where applicable.
Remote support includes the ability for a Sponsor organisation and their support staff (within the Sponsor organisation) to have a view only of the balances within your SourceCards Flexi Account and your SourceCards Essential Wallets and any standing orders which have been set up. They will not be able to view individual transactions or make payments from your SourceCards Account on your behalf.
In order for your Sponsor to support you in this way you (the “Account Holder”) must accept the Sponsor Terms & Conditions which will be issued via email upon registering for a SourceCards Account. You do not have to accept these “Sponsor Terms and Conditions” in order to open a SourceCards Account. However, should you choose not to do so the Sponsor will not be able to provide remote support or facilitate the application of grants, donations and other benefits via the SourceCards Platform.
If having agreed to the Sponsor Terms and Conditions and the provision of remote support, you decide you no longer wish a Sponsor to have access, as described above, to your SourceCards Account you can notify your Sponsor organisation or contact SourceCards direct via the SourceCards Helpdesk.
All Sponsor Organisations are required to sign an agreement with SourceCards not to misuse your personal data.
SourceCards is not responsible for any fraud, breach of contract or other misconduct by a Sponsor organisation and their support staff. If a Sponsor organisation or a member of its support staff breaches your rights under these Additional Terms and fails to rectify the situation and you report this to us we will take appropriate action at our discretion.
6. What kind of Grants can I receive through the SourceCards Platform?
You may apply for grants through the SourceCards Platform via your Sponsor (once the functionality has been released). The grant may include terms for eligibility and your Sponsor may be required to confirm your eligibility to the organisation providing the grant.
In applying for a grant through the SourceCards Platform, you agree to allow your Sponsor to access your information, including, but not limited to your address, background (relevant to grant eligibility), date of birth, and access to the data held on you by SourceCards Limited. The Sponsor may not pass any of this information to any third party without your permission, except for establishing your eligibility for the grant, fulfilling the grant and reporting it as set out below.
Grants will normally be paid either by the Sponsor or the organisation making the grant, directly into the appropriate Essentials Wallet.
SourceCards and its employees, agents, contractors, or partners shall not be liable if your application for a grant is declined or if the grant fund is exhausted before you receive the money.
SourceCards and the Sponsor(s) distributing and/or approving your grant may include your information and the details of the grant received and the items purchased in a report back to the donor of the grant.
It may be a condition of the grant that any unused funds paid to you are returned as soon as possible to the Sponsor administering the grant.
In order to receive a grant, you will have to comply with any of the terms and requirements of the grant which will be made available to you.
7. What Kind of Future Functionality Can I Expect to Receive Through the SourceCards Platform?
SourceCards Limited may continue to deliver additional features and functionality and will notify you via email or through the platform when they become available, which will be subject to these terms.
8. What Happens to my Personal Information?
In addition to your address, identity documents, and SourceCards Account details, in order to facilitate the distribution of grants we will retain further background details (e.g. ex-armed forces). All information provided will be stored in the SourceCards’ database.
We may employ agents and contractors to deliver the services that you access through the SourceCards platform. These agents and contractors may have access to the personal information that you submit to us However, they are not permitted to use it for any other purpose apart from delivering the SourceCards service.
9. How will the Monthly Management Fee be charged and who pays it?
Your Sponsor may agree to pay all or a part of the fees which apply to your SourceCards Account. Your Sponsor may:
- pay the fees on your behalf directly to SourceCards
- or alternatively you (the “Account Holder”) will pay the fees and be refunded depending on the arrangement between SourceCards Ltd and the Sponsor organisation.
Under the second point, it is important to remember that you (“the Account Holder”) remain responsible for paying the fees.
10. What are my Rights and Obligations under these sets of Terms?
The features of SourceCards Platform are in addition to the payment services provided on our behalf by Contis Financial, the details for which are set out in the Standard Terms and Conditions. The features, rights and obligation of the SourceCards Platform are all set out in these Additional Terms and should be read carefully along with the Standard Terms and Conditions.
11. What is SourceCards Ltd liability?
We are not the payment provider under the account holder agreement and are not responsible for the fraudulent use of your SourceCards Account nor for anything you agree with a third party.
We are responsible for operating SourceCards Platform and our maximum liability is the monthly fees, (usually £5), paid to us to operate the SourceCards Platform.
12. Intellectual Property
The SourceCards Website and SourceCards Platform are owned by SourceCards Limited and our partners. All the features, designs, trademarks and content of the Website and SourceCards Platform are the property of SourceCards Limited or its licensors. You agree not to copy or modify or procure any third party to copy modify or procure the features designs, trademarks and content of the Website and/or SourceCards Platform.
The content on our Website is for your individual use and is not intended for distribution to or sharing with others. The information provided is tailored to you and may not therefore be applicable or useful to third parties. You must not remove any copyright notices displayed on our Website.
13. System Security
We will employ good industry practice in the prevention of cyberattacks and other crimes upon SourceCards Platform and its infrastructure but cannot take any responsibility for the loss of data or penetration of our networks by a third party, unless due to wilful misconduct by us, our agents, partners or contractors.
You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you may have under these Terms to any other person without our prior written consent.
We may assign the benefit and burden of these Terms to any other person at any time on giving you 2 months’ prior notice of this. If we do this, your rights will not be affected.
15. Governing Law
This Agreement is concluded in English. All communications with you will be in English. These Terms will be construed in accordance with English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Your card and account is issued by Contis Financial Services Ltd who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue e-money (Firm Reference Number: 900025) and is a member of Visa.
Please note that the SourceCards Account and card(s) is an electronic money product and although it is a product regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. We ensure that any funds received by you are held in a segregated account so that in the unlikely event that Contis Financial Services Ltd becomes insolvent your funds will be protected against claims made by creditors.